Thursday, November 13, 2008

Save Our Children

Oh, the joys of the Ivy League. Endless inspiration and a boundless source of hope for our future.

Today we're hosting a little conference for people working in the early education field. Ten minutes after this group gets together, one of the attendees points to the doors directly in front of me (pictured below) and asks me the following question:

"Is that outside? I want to go outside. Is that outside out there?"

Another tally goes to the "homeschool my kids" column.


***UPDATE!***

Someone just walked in, put their finger on the stack of xeroxed copies of the library's schedule and insisted that they were "here for this."

I replied, "That is just the schedule for the library."



"This is why I'm here. For this."

After a deep breath I ask if they meant that they were attending the conference downstairs, to which I received a look that implied that I was a complete idiot.

These people will be here all day today and tomorrow.

Great.

Allow me to remind you that these are the educators of our youth.

Jeepers.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

they seem to be communicating on the level of their early ed students. preschool maybe??