Sunday, December 2, 2007

not buyin' it

can evangelicals NOT be creepy?

it's the question of the day for me. last night, two people for whom i have a lot of respect, talked to me for half an hour about a service from which they had just returned. it was at an evangelical church. i was told to go today (sunday).
"it wasn't creepy, ally"

yet, already i was being recruited.

i don't know. i could go on about this all day. i guess my biggest problem with evangelicism, aside from its followers, is that it teaches that the Bible is the absolute word of God.

one of the people who was talking to me about this service has said to me before that she knows that the bible isn't the word of God. now, i'm as hypocritical as the next broad, but C'MON!!


maybe i'll just follow my friend matt's lead and worship cthulu...

2 comments:

Jeff said...

i only follow the word of oprah.

itspaulbriz said...

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1586216554.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

the wind beneath my wing.