Thursday, December 13, 2007

Freaking Out, Man!

Next week, I start at my new store. I've been sorta excited about it, really. The store is a little over a year old and is said to be an eventual goldmine, what with the hundreds of upscale homes being built JUST across the street.

I assumed changing stores would be fairly easy. But leaving the Marion Ave shop where I have spent over a third of my life - what would have to be called my "comfort zone" - is starting to freak a brother (and YOUR brother) out a little bit. Especially since writing the next two weeks worth of schedules and seeing just how much I'll be working. Easily no days off in sight until well after New Years.

Happy Holidays, Paul!

Have I mentioned the added stress things brings to my holiday season? No? Let's!

I am broke. I know, I say it all the time. But shit is thick right now, peoples. I'm literally losing sleep over all of this; typing this post out on my cellphone at five AM when I should be getting as much rest as I can before my weeks of hell begin.

To say that I am doubting myself, my decision to "move", my financial situation, and the future of my mental state would be an understatement.

I thought that venting about what worries you is supposed to make you feel better about things. If that's the case ... why do I feel like a bigger loser?

...

That was a rhetorical question.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

hang in there.

you are more than capable of switching stores and ushering a new age into mechanicville. an age brimming with wiseass remarks, witty retorts and an utter disdain for the public at large. that town has no idea what is in store (literarilly) for it.

...and you'll be outside saratoga when the next track season starts, my man. that alone should have you doing cartwheels.

the schedule sounds ridiculously terrible, i will admit, but you've done all of that before. it can be done. it won't be all cupcakes and cincinnati platters, but eventually you will get a day to yourself (i hope) to spend with the li'l lady.

your financial situation will work itself out. don't buy anybody any presents for xmas. make cards if you feel like you absolutely need to do something. you'll rake in the dough when the store takes off.

you can do this. the only way to prove that to yourself is to give it a shot.

sometimes change is a good thing.

i have a feeling that this will be one of those times.

itspaulbriz said...

thanks for the kind words.

too bad you're a cocksucker.

...

...

(kidding.)

(dick.)

(i am a tough guy.)

ally said...

don't feel like a loser.

you're a WINNER! i mean, c'mon, you get to be related to jen. her purpose in the family is to increase our respective self worths.