Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Where's Dad?

I am scanning the internets, as I am known to do, and I see a link to a huge, zoomable image (yes, I just coined a term) of Yankee Stadium taken on July 4th of this year.

That was the game Dad was there for.

A quick email to Pops and I find out where he was and...


There he is out in left field.

This is probably a boring post to some, but I had fun with it.

UPDATE

Ally has called into question whether or not this guy is indeed Dad. To that I say, "Up yours, Ally."

In an email, Dad said that he himself found... himself...

left field ... it says "yankees.com" in lowercase on inner wall ( blue) if you start with the "n" go up at a 45 degree angle I'm about 12 rows back ... wearing dk blue yankee t-shirt with white NY on front and Blue Yankee hat ... I'm facing to the right in picture ... I'm 4th person in from left (beginning of row )

Here is a slightly different view of the man in question:



So, Ally, are you calling our father a liar? Are you? You have some nerve.

5 comments:

ally said...

i don't see him. if you think it's the guy right in the middle, i think you might be wrong.

Jeff said...

pops gave me instructions on how to spot him, down to the section, number of rows back, the fact that he was 4th from the left in his row, the clothing that he is wearing, etc.

the shadows may be playing with the image. i admit that i second guessed it myself.

he is in that section. he said that in the photo his head is turned to the side.

that guy was the best match.

you know what?

[insert middle finger here]

yeah. that just happened.

(i'll see if i can find better match...)

ally said...

wow. you're getting really blog-defensive lately, jeff.

first the pickle post, now this.

what's next? are you going to tell me that david cross isn't going to marry me and make me a mommy dozens of times over?

Jeff said...

no.

you will indeed bear the fruit of david cross' loins.

...and they will be the coolest kids ever.

i have been on the defensive, but only because my siblings have been calling me out.

what is a brother to do?

itspaulbriz said...

i blame myself.

(and, yes, that's dad)