Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Ivy League

I have been asked my share of stupid questions in my time here at what is supposed to be one of the premier academic institutions in this great country of ours, but I particularly enjoyed one that was just posed to me a moment ago:

"Is the basement downstairs?"

Where the heck else would a basement be? I wish that the person looking for the basement did not appear to be a native English speaker or that there were some other apparent excuse for this.

Alas, no.

This is America, people. The ship is sinking.

4 comments:

itspaulbriz said...

was it a woman?

it was a woman, wasn't it?

...

i knew it.

...

of COURSE it was.

Jeff said...

it was.

itspaulbriz said...

*nods his head knowingly, but not with satisfaction. with a quiet sadness that knows no name, yet much shame*

ally said...

womans is smart, too