Friday, September 26, 2008

My Synchronicity (That's Right. It's All About Me.)


So, every once in a while, I get a headache. They have made me somewhat nervous for a couple of years now. Generally they start with what I can only describe as being a squiggly, flashing obstruction in my vision. There's nothing in my eye(s), there's nothing wrong with my contacts.

That obstruction starts to grow. Snaking around my periphery, and is eventually coupled with a straight-up blind spot in my vision by the time the headache itself sets in.

This is annoying as it is, but without fail there is a span of about 5 or 10 minutes where I am unable to speak. I am physically able to make sounds, but I can't say words. It comes out in nonsensical gibberish. I sound like Sarah Palin discussing foreign policy. (That's hilarious because it is topical.) I make a series of syllabic sounds before I give up and try to avoid speaking to people. This is difficult when I am at work... which I was yesterday when I had one of these fun things.

Well, this morning I saw a link on a news aggregator to a story on "aural/visual migraines." It turns out that this is what I've been having, instead of tiny strokes or mini-seizures, which is what I was fearing. It seems like it is pretty common. The flash demo is pretty close to what I see, too.

Phew.

1 comment:

itspaulbriz said...

trippy, man.

when this is going on, can you taste colors?