Thursday, June 23, 2011

cat doodle

some words to the man who was only ever part of this blog in spirit, though we all wanted more:

this is a different kind of depression. it's new. i'm not angry and i'm not scared. of course, i ache and i cry. but i'm not hiding; i'm seeking out reasons to smile.

now strangers are beautiful and pure, not threats. every moment has a different weight, like gravity itself has changed.

a handful of breaths knocked us all over, piled high. we're scrambling to pull ourselves and each other to steady, sure feet.

as jeff said, now we all shoulder a bit of your pain. and gladly. hang on tight.

2 comments:

itspaulbriz said...

That was beautiful.

We take our family for granted... But holy fuck if we aren't all the shit! Love you guys.

Just seeing this post now... Afraid to come here, though I've been stalking his Facebook and xbox profile.

I needed this today.

Love you guys.
Still, even.

Jeff said...

Well said and beautifully put, Ally.

I was up pretty much all of last night thinking about the guy.

Somehow it still doesn't seem quite real. When I tell people what happened it feels like I'm recounting something that I witnessed in a movie. I have a feeling that I'm going to get walloped with a second wave of overwhelming grief and anguish.

Love the crap out of you both.